Sunday, January 27, 2013

"Sisters" Frame

The frame hanging in Sarah's dorm room
 
 
For my sister, Sarah's, 21st birthday (back in December), I wanted to do something special for her. I made her this frame with a collage of pictures of just the two of us. I worked the majority of the summer on this project because hunting down all the pictures took quite a while. I ended up with somewhere between 50 and 60 pictures that I found sifting through the boxes of pictures we have in our house. I scanned them all into the computer and had them printed at Walgreens. I, then, cropped most of them down and set them up on a poster board before using double stick tape to tape them down before putting it in the frame.





In the lower corner, I put the word "sisters."  I printed it on a piece of velum and used black ribbon to make a boarder. This cleaned up the look of the edge of the pictures and frame the word nicely.

Sarah really loves it and hung it up in her dorm room at school. I made it so that she could do that and also take it with her to hang in her future apartments and houses!


Here is an up close of the frame with all the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment